“Striving to replenish 8.960 million liters of water by 2030”
To address the water consumption of its production facilities, The Coca-Cola Company is running two ongoing water replenishment programs in two different locations: Kestel, Bursa & Tekirdağ, Çorlu.
The Water Replenishment programs aim to reduce water consumption with informed irrigation and to increase water capture through rainwater harvesting by helping the digital transformation of farmers.
Outcome & Results:
Doktar has been managing these programs on behalf of Coca-Cola and has taken an active role in the preparation, activation, installation, management & reporting of the programs.
Using our wide farmer network, we have recruited farmers to participate in the programs and held farmer capability training to understand current irrigation practices and build new irrigation models by implementing technology. Monthly farmer meetings are conducted to address farmers’ needs and evaluate the program’s progress. Farmer accounts are setup on Doktar’s GIS Database to track data and provide progress reports.
In Kestel, digital monitoring has consisted of:
- 100 soil analyses, conducted with the Digital Soil Analysis Device
- 44 Filiz Agricultural Sensor Stations deployed, monitoring 47,2 hectares.
- Over 100 orchards and fields monitored for soil moisture and evapotranspiration via satellites.
- 22 hectares of drip irrigation system installed.
- An artificial reservoir of 1600 m3 constructed in partnership with 3rd party contractors. Monthly water collection in the reservoir, monitored with sensors reporting the captured water volume monthly.
- To complete the digital transformation of farmers, continuous communication channels were activated via WhatsApp groups and Technical Support.
In Çorlu, digital monitoring has consisted of:
- 64 soil analyses
- 21 Filiz Agricultural Sensor Stations deployed.
- 64 orchards and fields monitored for evapotranspiration via satellites.
- Contour Site Construction set for water capture.
- Regenerative agricultural training was conducted.
The Coca-Cola Water Replenishment programs aim to replenish 8900 million liters of water by 2030.
Read more case studies
1000 Farmers Endless Prosperity Program
Supporting more than 5000 farmers with the aim of increasing the produc...
Regenerative Agriculture: A Case Study on Enhancing Water Resilience and Sustainability
Partnering with farmers to enhance water resilience in their farming sy...